Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development, including (British) values education
SMSC is central to the whole of education, not just an 'add on'. Done well, SMSC is a key ingredient of outstanding provision for the whole school community and enhances the quality of classroom practice and learning and teaching across the whole school and curriculum. Yet SMSC is one of the least well understood aspects of school leadership and improvement.
Governor and staff awareness workshops exploring SMSC and the school's values and ethos. Collaborating to create a shared vision.
To Ofsted and beyond: Whole staff training on:
- the why and what of SMSC from an educational perspective and how the Ofsted framework helps to monitor but does not define this;
- preparing pupils for life in modern Britain (or 'British values')
- classroom approaches to promoting SMSC across the curriculum; whole school provision;
- auditing, developing and monitoring SMSC provision
Working with individual teachers, departments or whole school staff on classroom approaches to SMSC:
- Stilling activities
- Conceptual creativity
- developing thinking (including P4C approaches)
The justBmoore SMSC toolkit - a key to realising outstanding learning